Fourteen students from Thomas County Middle School and Thomas County Central High School traveled to Moultrie to participate in Colquitt County's 9th Annual Regional Technology Fair on January 24, 2015. There were over 340 participants in the fair competing in various technology categories and age divisions. Our students did an outstanding job bringing home 11 first place medals, 3 second place medals, and 1 third place medal. Every student from Thomas County placed in the top 3 of their category and division. All first place medalists will advance to the state competition held in Macon on March 7.
Students are tasked with not only creating a technology project, but also presenting the project to the judges including explaining the process and steps taken to reach the end result. Categories include Robotics, Web 2.0 Applications, Video Production, Digital Photography, Game Design, Animated Graphics, 3D Modeling, and many more. Ms. Danna Cooper, Coordinator of Instructional Technology for Thomas County Schools and teacher at Thomas County Middle School, attended the fair with the students. Ms. Selina Bell, Media Specialist at Thomas County Central High School, also attended and served as one of the judges. Ms. Cooper explains, "Technology is present in every aspect of life. Students use it to express themselves daily, and this competition allowed them to showcase their skills while presenting something they are passionate about. I am so proud of the work these students exhibited, and I look forward to taking them to state competition."
- Abby Allensworth, 6th Grade - 1st Place in Technology Literacy - Division 2
- Abby Allensworth & Morgan Ward, 6th Grade Team - 1st Place in Web 2.0 Internet Applications - Division 2
- Dillon Reneau, 6th Grade - 3rd Place in Web 2.0 Internet Applications - Division 2
- Devon Bryan, 7th Grade - 2nd Place in Technology Literacy - Division 3
- Douglas Hopkins & Devon Bryan, 7th Grade Team - 1st Place in Web 2.0 Internet Applications - Division 3
- Austin Luna, 7th Grade - 1st Place in Digital Video Production - Division 3
- Caleb Jenkins & Ryan Hollingsworth, 8th Grade Team - 2nd Place in Web 2.0 Internet Applications - Division 3
- Amber Allen, 8th Grade - 1st Place in Technology Literacy & 1st Place in Digital Photography - Division 3
- Amber Forrester, 8th Grade - 1st Place in Animated Graphics - Division 3
- Hayes Nelson, 11th Grade - 1st Place in Technology Literacy & 1st Place in Digital Video Production - Division 5
- Logan Sanders, 12th Grade - 2nd Place in Technology Literacy - Division 5
- Logan Sanders & Vance Stephens, 12th Grade Team - 1st Place in 3D Modeling - Division 5
- Tessa McCorkle, 12th Grade - 1st Place in Web 2.0 Internet Applications - Division 5
Pictured from L to R: Back Row: Devon Bryan, Austin Luna, Vance Stephens; 2nd Row: Amber Forrester, Logan Sanders, Tessa McCorkle; 3rd Row: Ryan Hollingsworth, Caleb Jenkins, Douglas Hopkins; Front Row: Amber Allen, Abby Allensworth, Morgan Ward, Dillon Reneau