CLICK HERE for Summer School registration form
Classes will be held TBD
Please note: The school is closed on Fridays during the summer; therefore, there will be NO classes on Fridays.
All coursework will be completed on the Odysseyware computer program. Students will work individually, progress at their own pace, and therefore finish at different times. Students are given the option of completing the work at school or at home. Teachers are available during the eight (8) days of summer school for tutoring. When a student has successfully completed the required program assignments, he or she should contact Karen Jones at TCCHS regarding related Georgia Milestone End of Course tests. If a student has not completed the course requirements by TBD, the student will be enrolled in the subject area class when school begins on TBD. He or she will not be allowed to continue in the Odysseyware credit repair program.
QUALIFICATIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
The purpose of the Summer Session is to allow qualified TCCHS students the opportunity to recover credit for 1 course they have attempted during the regular school year. The maximum score a student will be allowed to earn is a 70. In order to participate, the student must have:
1. earned a final grade in the class of 60 or above,
2. been physically present in the class 150 days or more.
SUMMER SESSION SPECIFICS:
1. ALL rules, regulations, and policies as outlined in the 2019-2020 TCCHS Parent-Student Handbook are in effect during the 2020 Summer School Session. Review these prior to beginning summer school, especially Part V: Student Behavior Offenses. Students who cause discipline problems or violate school policies will be dismissed. No loitering on campus! Sitting in cars is not permitted at any time.
2. Students taking one of the eight courses that require a Georgia Milestone End of Course test must contact Ms. K. Jones (225-5050 ext. 167) for test date and time information.
a. American Literature
b. 9th Literature
c. Algebra I
f. Physical Science
g. United States History
3. Breakfast (7:30 – 7:50 a.m.) and lunch (12:00 – 12:30 p.m.) will be provided FREE OF CHARGE in the cafeteria. Students may only eat breakfast and lunch in the cafeteria.
4. Busing is available to Barwick, Boston, Coolidge, Meigs, Metcalf, Ochlocknee, Pavo, and Thomasville.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE OFF CAMPUS BY 12:30.
Course Offerings Courses listed below will be offered. All classes are one Carnegie unit of credit except Health, Government, and Economics which are one-half unit.
English: 9th Literature, 10th Literature, American Literature, British Literature
Science: Physical Science, Biology, Earth Systems, Chemistry, Physics
Math: Foundations of Algebra, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Math of Finance
Social Studies: World History, US History, Government, Economics
Elective: Health, Personal Fitness