Please complete the following form to apply for Summer School:
SUMMER SCHOOL APPLICATION
Thomas County Central High School
Summer School Session 2022
Summer school classes will be held May 31 - June 23 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The first week classes are Tuesday - Friday. Weeks 2, 3, and 4 are Monday - Thursday. All classes will be held in person, and there is no virtual option for summer school. All coursework will be traditionally taught by a certified teacher. Students will work to improve their grades to a passing score for each nine weeks.
Students should attend the week of summer school corresponding to the nine weeks needed to earn credit for the year.
- The first week of summer school is for students who failed the first nine week grading period of a class.
- The second week of summer school is for students who failed the second nine week grading period of a class.
- The third week of summer school is for students who failed the third nine week grading period of a class.
- The fourth week of summer school is for students who failed the fourth nine week grading period of a class.
Students may only need to attend one week but might need to attend all four weeks to earn course credit. Your student’s guidance counselor will advise you of the best choices for your student.
SUMMER SESSION SPECIFICS:
- ALL rules, regulations, and policies as outlined in the 2021-2022 TCCHS Parent-Student Handbook are in effect during the 2022 Summer School Session. Review these prior to beginning summer school.
- Students who cause discipline problems or violate school policies may be dismissed.
- There is no loitering on campus. Sitting in cars is not permitted at any time. Students must leave campus when classes are dismissed.
- Breakfast (7:30 – 7:50 a.m.) and lunch (12:00 – 12:30 p.m.) will be provided FREE OF CHARGE in the cafeteria.
- Busing is available to Barwick, Boston, Coolidge, Meigs, Metcalf, Ochlocknee, Pavo, and Thomasville.
ALL STUDENTS MUST BE OFF CAMPUS BY 12:30.
Courses listed below will be offered.
9th Grade Literature/Composition Physical Science
10th Grade Literature/Composition Biology
Math Social Studies
Foundations of Algebra World History
Algebra I US History
Math of Finance
Spanish I, II, or III