PINES Library Access for Youth (PLAY) is brought to you through a collaboration between the Thomas County School System, Georgia Library PINES, and the Thomas County Public Library System.
Thomas County School System student ID numbers will now act as a library card number for your public library! The public library provides free access to books and online resources to help your child succeed in school, as well as fun resources that help develop a lifelong love of reading.
Click here to watch a short video about the PLAY Card.
Online Benefits of the PLAY Card
- Search the library catalog of over 11 million items for books, DVD’s, audiobooks, and other materials
- Access the Online World Book Encyclopedia and nonfiction ebooks
- Access Mango, the highest-rated language-learning app, for free!
- Download audiobooks for free via Libby
- Access practice tests for the SAT, PSAT, and many others
- Store a personal list of books you’ve read and would like to read
Benefits of the PLAY Card at our Public Libraries
- Request items from over 300 PINES libraries across Georgia for free delivery to your local library
- Use computers at the public library
- Check out up to five items (books, DVD’s, audiobooks) - Simply tell the public library staff member your student number!
- Pay no late fees! (Fees apply only for lost items, damaged items, or items that are over 90 days overdue.)
- Attend free storytelling, classes, activities and special events
How the Online Card Works
- Visit the Thomas County Public Library Digital Library Page
- Type “TCS” and your 6-digit Thomas County School System student ID (lunch) number. Ex. TCS12345 as your library card number to log in to any of the online databases.
- Your initial password is the student’s birth month and year. Ex. 062010 (Born in June 2010). The password can be changed after signing in for the first time.
This is an “opt-out” benefit. Your child’s Student ID number will act as a library card number unless you choose to opt-out of the program. To opt-out of this program, please complete this form.
TCPLS Play Card Site
Click here to visit the TCPLS Play Card site.
The purpose of this program is to provide every student in the Thomas County School System (TCSS) with public library card access provided by the Thomas County Public Library System (TCPLS). To this end, the parties agree to undertake the following:
- TCSS agrees to designate TCPLS as a school official for purposes of FERPA, and to provide access to personally identifiable student information only in accordance therewith.
- TCSS will provide TCPLS with the following for every student enrolled in TCSS: student ID number, first and last name, birth date, school, grade, address, phone number, and parent email address.
- TCPLS will integrate TCSS Student ID numbers with TCPLS/PINES Library accounts to allow every student enrolled in TCSS instant access to TCPLS databases and materials. Implementation will include training for students and staff on TCPLS's educational resources.
- At all times during the use or maintenance of the student information provided for in this agreement, TCPLS agrees that is subject to the direction and control of the TCSS with regard to the handling of the above-described student information.
- Upon the specific, written request of any parent, guardian or eligible student, TCPLS agrees to permanently destroy any student information for said student obtained under this agreement. This provision shall be inapplicable to any separately or independently created TCPLS records associated with the student.
If a parent disagrees with any of the above, they may choose to opt-out their child from access. Please click the Opt-Out link above.